LionCash makes your Penn State id+ Card even more convenient. It's a flexible prepaid account that makes on- and off-campus purchases safe and easy. It is also the only payment method for on-campus laundry.
LionCash is accepted at more than 300 on- and off-campus locations statewide. Whether you're purchasing books for the semester, grabbing a bite to eat, making photocopies, or buying a football jersey, LionCash lets you do it all with your id+ card. LionCash locations vary from campus to campus.
Check out the list of participating merchants below to see which of your favorite locations accept LionCash. There's something for everyone.
If you are a merchant, visit our LionCash for merchants page.
Add or send LionCash funds with your eAccount
How to make a Guest LionCash Deposit
- Click Make a guest deposit
- Complete the beneficiary's information - First/Given Name, Last/Family Name, Student PSU ID Number and click CONTRIBUTE
- Choose LionCash, enter the amount, and click NEXT
- Complete Credit Card Payment Information and click Submit
- Confirm deposit details and click MAKE DEPOSIT
- Online LionCash deposits - If you do not click MAKE DEPOSIT your payment will not post to your student's LionCash account. Your payment will show as a pending charge on your account. It is up to your financial institution to remove pending charges that have not posted.
At the University Park id+ Office or at Housing & Food Service Office locations at Penn State residential campuses with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Apple Pay, or Google Pay. The student's 16-digit card number is required to process the deposit.
Make check payable to Penn State University. Please include a note containing the student’s name and PSU ID number.
Penn State id+ Office
20 HUB-Robeson Center
University Park, PA 16802
Important Information About LionCash
- LionCash cannot be used to rent textbooks or for payment at the Penn State Bursar's Office.
- LionCash deposits are processed as a purchase, not a cash advance by your financial institution.
- In accordance with FERPA, only students have access to view their transactions.
How do I or someone add funds to my account?
Anyone - even family and friends - can make a deposit from anywhere with just a click of the mouse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using your Access Account User ID and password, you can check your balance, view your transaction history, deactivate a lost or stolen card, or make a deposit using a Visa or MasterCard debit or credit card.
LionCash is a great gift for any Penn Stater, from first-year to long-time faculty and staff. Deposits can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to celebrate any occasion and may include a personalized message.
How do I activate my account?
Getting started is easy and free. There are no forms to fill out or fees to pay. Simply activate your account with an initial deposit at one of the locations below:
- Deposit online with Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card
- In person with cash, check, Visa, or MasterCard at any Housing and Food Service Office at your campus, University Park Commons Desks, the University Park id+ Office (20 HUB-Robeson Center), or the University Park Assignment Office for Campus Residences (201 Johnston Commons).
- With a payroll deduction from your Penn State paycheck
- With cash or check at the Housing and Food Services Offices and selected dining services at the Commonwealth Campuses
Activation signifies agreement with the terms and conditions of the cardholder disclosure.
Is LionCash safe?
Your photo id+ card is more secure than non-photo debit or credit cards. It's safer than carrying cash, and your money is secure if you report your card lost or stolen. Plus, your funds are available immediately when you receive a replacement id+ card. Active accounts remain open and carry forward from semester to semester and from year to year. You can even request a refund when you graduate or leave Penn State.
Can I get discounts using LionCash?
You can receive discounts or incentives at many participating locations every time you use LionCash, including a 10 percent discount on prepared items at most on-campus Food Services locations.
Can I use LionCash instead of the Campus Meal Plan?
LionCash complements the Campus Meal Plan. Running short on dining dollars? Deposit funds into your LionCash account. When the Campus Meal Plan account is depleted, the cash registers at on-campus dining facilities will automatically deduct from your LionCash account, providing the optimal meal plan pricing. This eliminates the possibility that you'll need to forfeit remaining dining dollars at the end of spring semester.
Note: LionCash will not be accepted for the purchase of packaged alcohol or illicit drug paraphernalia. Merchants are also prohibited from accepting LionCash in exchange for cash. If you end up returning merchandise that you bought with LionCash, funds will be credited directly to your LionCash account in accordance with the merchant's return policy.
How do I request a refund?
Students who are graduating or withdrawing from the University should fill out the LionCash refund request form. Approved refund requests will only be issued via a check made payable to the cardholder and will be mailed to the permanent home address on record.